COURSE CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS
The requirements for achieving a course certificate in Norwegian language are as follows:
- A valid license for the training period
- No outstanding (unpaid) invoices
- Minimum 2 hours in instructor-led class attendance for every 10 hours online self-study
- Completed the mandatory student survey
- Complete profile with full name (as written in your ID documents), date of birth, Norwegian social security number and a residence address in Norway.
- No use of scripts or bots to manipulate the timer.
The certificate will be uploaded to your account and sent via email as a PDF. We do not send hard copies.
DURATION OF AN HOUR
In academic contexts, it is common practice to count hours as 45 minutes. This is our practice at Lingu too for in-house and live online classes. However, in online self-study, 1 hour is 60 minutes.
60 minutes online self-study + 45 minutes class attendance = 2 hours
There is no upper or lower limit as to how much you can study, however there are limits to how many hours can be accredited to the course certificate.
You can be accredited maximum of 12 hours per week. Of these 12 hours, a minimum of 2 hours must be in live, instructor-led training (in-house or online). It is the average that matters. Therefore you can attend extra live classes later if you have not attended them for some time. If you have 4 hours one week, and 20 hours the next, the average will be 12 hours.